What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit

Emodracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question, and it's probably a stupid one at that.
I know this isn't an iPhone board, but it does have to do with the iPad accessory.

Has anyone ever tried the camera connection kit on an iPhone 4? More importantly, the sd card part of the adapter.

I wonder if that would also work with the iPhone?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get you hopes up, it's made to be for the iPad only. It only loads pictures from your camera or sd card with pictures on it. There are some who have found out how to use other things with the USB port, but Apple seems to be cracking down on those by limiting current available on the 30 pin connector. But, where there's a will, there's a way.:)

Akiake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never tried one before, but i was thinking about getting one. I would love to sync my pics straight to my iPad.

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to get one when I first bought my iPad but all I do is email the pictures from my iPhone to the iPad no need for the camera connection kit at all.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my findings with an iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 firmware.

I'm on T-Mobile so it's unlocked, and with the plan of getting a new iPhone for the last few months, I never upgraded. So needless to say, I'm not surprised. Maybe the 4.0 or higher accepts greatness??

photo-1.jpg

OP
E

Emodracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input....kinda sucks it won't work with the iPhone....it might come in handy

ndasgruv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a "camera connection kit" question. Might not have anything to do with the iPhone but with the iPad.

If I had an SD card that had only data on it, not pictures, will the the iPad be able to read it? If so, where would the iPad "decide" to put that information.

From my understanding there is no real "tree" structure in the iPad that you can choose what to put where, like if you were working on a laptop/desktop.

Just curious, wanted to know if there are other uses for the cam connection kit.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have files on the SD card that are neither photos nor videos, then the iPad can't/won't load them. And you can't cheat either, by changing 'my file.doc' to 'my file.jpg'!!

But you can transfer files directly from a PC or Mac to the iPad over WiFi without the use of iTunes using a third-party app, such as GoodReader or PrintCentral. I'm not familiar with GoodReader, but PrintCentral can transfer individual files or complete folders from a PC to the iPad. You use a free app that sits on the PC that provides access to all your files and they are then loaded, over WiFi, to the iPad and sit within the directory structure of the PrintCentral app. If you have an app that can open a file then PrintCentral gives you that option when you select it. So, for example, if you transferred a .doc file and had (as I do) Apple Pages on your iPad (it's their MS Word application), then PrintCentral offers you the option of 'Open in Pages?'.

Of course, you can also use a cloud service, such as Apple's own MobileMe to transfer files but that's relatively slow and it's a two-stage process - upload from your PC to the MobileMe cloud disc iDisk and then download the file to the iPad. The plus, of course, is that you have the files 'available' of the cloud server and not taking up space on your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another app that works similarly to goodreader is the Photo Transfer app which allows you to drag and drop photos between your desktop and iPad using your browser. Not the worlds fastest but it works well.

BTW nice review of the Photogene app on Seven by Five.
Also for photographers theres a new app called Softbox Pro which will allows you to use the iPad as a light source.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another app that works similarly to goodreader is the Photo Transfer app which allows you to drag and drop photos between your desktop and iPad using your browser. Not the worlds fastest but it works well.

BTW nice review of the Photogene app on Seven by Five.
Also for photographers theres a new app called Softbox Pro which will allows you to use the iPad as a light source.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a "camera connection kit" question. Might not have anything to do with the iPhone but with the iPad.

If I had an SD card that had only data on it, not pictures, will the the iPad be able to read it? If so, where would the iPad "decide" to put that information.

From my understanding there is no real "tree" structure in the iPad that you can choose what to put where, like if you were working on a laptop/desktop.

Just curious, wanted to know if there are other uses for the cam connection kit.

Yes it can! Lmfao. Just jailbrake ur ipad. Download ifiles from cydia. Then once u mount the sd card, u can see and modify every single file on that card. Easy n simple wrkaround. Just find the appropriate section for the sd card in ifiles once u have it mounted for example it might be in var/mount ;-). Always a wrkaround. When theres a will, theres a way!

Most reactions

Latest posts