What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar events appear twice on my ipad mini.

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have calendar events that appear twice on ipad mini -- for instance, Father's Day, Independence Day...... How can I prevent this from happening? Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have calendar events that appear twice on ipad mini -- for instance, Father's Day, Independence Day...... How can I prevent this from happening? Thanks.
You seem to have two similar calendars in the app. Since iOS 7.1 (I guess), there's a Holidays calendar according to your settings in Region Format (Settings - General). This could be the reason why you see some events twice. You can disable the calendar in the app itself - Calendar - Calendars. Uncheck the one you don't need.

OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T
Thank you so much for your quick assistance. Now can you please tell me why I cannot add events to my calendar on my ipad mini? Thanks again.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
T Thank you so much for your quick assistance. Now can you please tell me why I cannot add events to my calendar on my ipad mini? Thanks again.
What did you try to add an event? Usually, you tap and hold the day (in month view) until a popup appears, where you can choose whether or not it's an all-day event, enter the details and which calendar you want to use for this event. Or you tap the + button (upper right) to add an event.

Make sure all calendars that you need are visible in the app (Calendar - Calendars). Force close the app and open it again. If events were not yet visible, but already stored there, they'll get synced.

Last edited:
OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JA, thanks so much, you have been a big help to me as I am not so good with tech matters. I went to Calendar app on my ipad and then tapped on calendar (at bottom middle) and EVERYTHING had a check next to it.
Yahoo - my calendar - U.S Holidays. I Cloud, all iCloud, calendar, home, work. Facebook events, birthdays, other. U.S. Holidays,
birthdays. Other, U.S. Holidays, birthdays.
I unchecked "birthdays" under the Facebook Events, and now the name & gift box on my calendar which I wanted to delete, I was able to delete this item, and also I am now able to add appointments and events to my calendar on my ipad.
I should probably take a closer look, and remove some of the other checked items as it doesn't seem everything should be checked.
Thank you very much.

Most reactions

Latest posts