What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar app

Louisealberter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with this. I want to see the events in my calendar from say November, December last year 2012 they show up in I cloud on my computer but are nowhere to be seen on my I pad and nothing I can think of works. Any ideas please? Thank you . My settings on I pad in calendar are for all events to be synced.

louise

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with this. I want to see the events in my calendar from say November, December last year 2012 they show up in I cloud on my computer but are nowhere to be seen on my I pad and nothing I can think of works. Any ideas please? Thank you . My settings on I pad in calendar are for all events to be synced.

louise

Check to make sure you have the iPad calendar linked to your iCloud account. To do, go to the "Mail, Contact, Calendar" tab in your Settings app and, at the top, press the iCloud line. Once the new tab appears, make sure you have the Calendar line turned ON. Then, everything should sync between the two.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
L

Louisealberter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes sorry about the two posts, I did it too quickly and only realized there was an appropriate thread after I had done the one in off topic "sorry"
The settings in mail contacts calendars is set to on, in the I cloud line, everything is as you told me but the damn things don't come up, it's my workout sessions from last year and I would love to have them on my I pad. I wondered if the new IOS or the fact I am living in a different country could be the problem?

louise

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the Calendar app, tap "Calendars" there:

Are you using only one calendar, or did you create other calendars as well, such as "Private" or "Hobbies"? If you have more than one calendar, are they all enabled/check marked?

OP
L

Louisealberter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I didn't make any other calendars, this is my normal I cloud home calendar, I got my IPad last year October and all my entries apart from Birthdays and holidays from last year are gone from it, they are sitting pretty on my I cloud account on my computer, but nothing I have tried or that has been suggested on this forum has worked. Everything is checked, all buttons are green, it's just weird. Thank you anyway.

louise

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try to "force sync" the app: open Calendar, then tap "Calendars" there, and drag it down: image-186252522.jpg
Maybe then your entries appear.

Here's something you could try as well:
In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars choose a different setting (change from "All Events" to anything else), then wait a little and switch to "All Events" again.

Go to Settings - iCloud and turn off Calendar. Don't keep the data on your device, when asked. (They are not deleted, you still have them in iCloud.) Wait for a few minutes and turn on the Calendar again. Usually this should sync the entries to your device.

Last edited:
OP
L

Louisealberter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you J.A. Turning the calendars off and on meantime switching the I Pad off and on worked, I finally have my workouts back, I also changed the events to two weeks and then back to all events, anyhow much appreciated.

louise

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you J.A. Turning the calendars off and on meantime switching the I Pad off and on worked, I finally have my workouts back, I also changed the events to two weeks and then back to all events, anyhow much appreciated. louise
You're welcome.
I'm glad to see that all your events are there now.

Most reactions

Latest posts