What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAD Apps

magicbytim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use autoCAD WS with some success. Not full blown auto cad but enough to do minor changes.

archipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Autocad WS. It's not perfect but at least more mature than other CAD apps for iPad. Personally I don't think CAD and iPad are made for each other. I have made a list of apps for architects on archisage. Will post a link when this forum allows me to :D

Vimal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.orangejuicestudios.com
Hi there,

just noticed this thread, i know the post is a bit old, but if anyone is still interested we will release a CAD app for the iPad called 'ArchiDraw'... it is designed by myself and an Engineer, and is constructed entirely from OpenGL, which makes is very fast indeed.... We are about to enter a testing phase, and trying to integrate a couple of really cool features before that.... It will certainly import and export Autocad DXF formats, along with a few others, but DXF is the important one if your are serious about CAD...

The queries raised above are indeed valid with regards to the platform constraints of the tablet device, but we think we have found a way around most of the obstacles. The coding language and approach to coding is critical in this type of application. We have also a patent pending for a totally ingenious method of inputting data in a quick and accurate method, single handed so drawing on the move on site really is possible.

We are very excited about it, and hope to release sometime around March.... If anyone is interested please visit our page;

Edited by Moderator - No links to your own websites, please read the forum rules

It would be great if you subscribe to our newsletter to keep you informed of our progress, and why not even send us an email with any questions or suggestions about what you would like it to do... When we launch we are going select 10 people at random from our list of subscribers to give a free copy of the full version, as we will restrict some exporting features from the free version....

Look forward to hearing from you on the other side!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Shawhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not exactly a CAD application, but I created a couple of dimensional drawing apps for the iPad called GraphPad and GraphPad Pro. They're really designed for doing accurate field sketches with dimensions. You can also add pictures (like a Google satellite image or photos from the camera roll). Depending on what you're attempting to do, it might be the ticket.

Just a note - trying to create a real CAD system for an iPad doesn't seem practical. Finger's aren't good pointers, and if I were to be working more then about 15 minutes, I would just logon to a workstation rather then attempt to work on an iPad.

Rob

camaroz1985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the difference between Graphpad and Graphpad Pro. I think this is all I really need, to be able to make a sketch in my garage of a part I need to make, or a sketch of a part I am building around.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use to be a CAD designer years ago in the 90's. I've been looking at CAD apps for something to play around with. The app that caught my eye was biiCADoo (sp?). I haven't bought it yet, but plan to in the near future to use on my IPP.

Most reactions