What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buying single or whole series?

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Sorry im bothering you alot. Any way on Itunes store it says you can buy and download 1 episode which cost on average £1.89p. Or you can buy the entier series whever its series 1 or series 2 etc which cost £24,99 per series give or take a few £ depending on the programe. Say i wanted to buy Stargate series 10 the entier series 10 which cost £23,99p. Could i select it so that it only downloads a single episode at a time even though i brought the entier series to save on download limit. I do however have unlimited Broadband but i still want to be able to download the series when i want.

Thanks for any info and hope you understand.

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the answer is to your question but one thing you could do is buy the series and then when it starts to download, go to the purchases folder and there's a setting that says something like "allow multiple downloads". Uncheck that and the series will start downloading 1 episode at a time. Then you can also pause any or all of the downloads and unpause 1 at a time when you want it to continue.

So yah in that way you could make them download when you want. BUT i think if you exit iTunes and restart it, u would have to go thru that process again. I did this though to get the episodes I wanted in the order I wanted cuz it was gonna take like 8 hrs to download a HD TV series and I wanted 2 get certain things in a certain order.

Its not an ideal way of doin it but u can kinda control it like that. If you mean though to download like 1 episode a week or a month or whatever then this probably isnt very helpful. Personally though i would just want it all on my hard drive right away so I knew I had it somewhere on my computer.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
^What he said. iTunes will start dumping the entire series at you; you can pause the eps, but as far as I've seen you can't delete them from the queue. I just download the lot and delete the others (after I sync).

Most reactions