What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browsing windows-share

gungne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I've just bought a dozen iPads for testing at our school. I've also bought a dozen Galaxy and Transformer Prime.

So fare the GalaxyTab (still waiting for prime) is the preferred device for our teachers. The reason for this is the lack of good filebrowsers that support SMB on the iPads.
The GalaxyTab easily connects to the shares.

Are there any ok filebrowsers for iPad that support smb?

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the FileBrowser app to connect to my network attached storage via smb. I've had no problems with it.

lutherian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is iPad so pathetic that it can't even connect to a common ubiquitous MS-Windows share?!!!
This should be a built-in function.

I should *NOT* have to download an app just to do this and I DEFINATELY should NEVER EVER have to pay for it.

For goodness sake.... every time a person TOUCHES an apple product it asks you for money.

You want to *breathe*? There's an app for that - please pay $2.99

Last edited by a moderator:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
lutherian said:
Is iPad so pathetic that it can't even connect to a common ubiquitous MS-Windows share?!!!
This should be a built-in function.

I should *NOT* have to download an app just to do this and I DEFINATELY should NEVER EVER have to pay for it.

For goodness sake.... every time a person TOUCHES an apple product it asks you for money.

You want to *breathe*? There's an app for that - please pay $2.99

Do you really think that on your windows PC you do actually have that feature for free???
I cannot understand why there are so many people around who think that an iPad is (or should be) the same as the Windoof PC they have been used to for ever...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm surfing my pcs right now using file browser. Also, my stock Nexus android 4.2.1 tablets don't come with the ability to surf windows shares either. You have to download a file browser there too.

Most reactions

Latest posts