What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Imported Photo Folder

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using iPad 2 with IOS 7.1.1 I recently imported photos from a friend's Olympus camera which included both the jpg and the ORF (raw) files. I didn't know the orf files were there (not visible) but the jpgs were visible. I did notice that the memory usage went up. I used PhotoSync to copy the files from the Last Import folder to my PC. That's when I saw the orf files. Since I now had the last import on my PC I deleted all the photos out of the Last Import folder, hoping the orf files would go away too.

There were 3 automatically generated folders on the iPad having to do with imports: Last Imported, All Imported, and Imported Photos & Videos. After manually deleting all the photos out of the Last Imported folder, I also deleted all the photos from the All Imported folder (they were on the PC too). Then I noticed that the Imported Photos & Videos folder appeared to be empty (as expected), but touching the folder to open it caused the Photo App to crash.

So that is the problem: An apparently empty folder that causes a crash when you try to open it.
That folder can't be deleted either - in edit mode, no X appears to delete it.

Any suggestions as to what to try?

.. Larry

OP
larrymcg

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It occurred to me that importing some photos might help. I did and now the Last Imported and All Imported folders have the photos but the Imported Photos & Videos folder causes a crash when trhing to open it. Also the folder does not show a thumbnail (like it is empty).

So that folder is still broken.

.. Larry

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is offtrack but have you considered a cloud storage solution like google drive i load my travel photos on there and then link up emails to whomever wants to see them relieving storage on my ipad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
larrymcg

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have photos in cloud places. But I also want those photos I keep on the iPad to work. Actually, the photos on the iPad are viewable - it's just the Imported Photos & Videos folder that has a problem. However, there are two other folders that also have the imported photos so nothing is lost.
.. Larry

Most reactions

Latest posts