What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Headset/Remote Question

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Jabra BT3030 Remote/Headset will work on an iPad running 4.2.1? I tried pairing one a while back when running 3.2.1 and it wouldnt even recognize it. I want to use it solely for the AVRCP function for when I'm in the car...tired of having to leave a wiimote in the car for skipping tracks.

marksr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works fine....silly reminder, but if you have it already paired to a nearby phone, make sure you shut the phone's Bluetooth before trying to pair it to the iPad...the remote functions work fine as well

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried pairing it, and it didn't even show up as an option to pair to. It was my stepdad's and he said he never even paired it to his iPhone. But he didn't have his BT turned off.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't you usually have to do some wonky procedure like "hold down button while powering on while holding you left leg in your right hand and jump up an down three times while rotating 360 degrees clockwise" to make the device discoverable. Could take several tries if you don't dance the dance just right.

Last edited:
OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did exactly as the book said, just holding down the button. To the above poster that has it working, what is the process you used?

marksr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, pressing and holding the Vol+ and Answer Call buttons till the "on" light goes solid puts it into discoverable mode..
If you need a passcode it's either 1234 or 0000 (probably the latter)

Mark

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
don't you usually have to do some wonky procedure like "hold down button while powering on while holding you left leg in your right hand and jump up an down three times while rotating 360 degrees clockwise" to make the device discoverable. Could take several tries if you don't dance the dance just right.

lol.

marksr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay..so I just disconnected it to try and repair...I turned it off then turned it on and held the answer call/on/off button down,the light went solid and the iPad saw it, I hit connect and done, it did not ask for a passcode...
It took a few tries to work though with turning off and on a couple times.
( I didn't have to stand on my head or hop in a circle while holding my breath or anything like that)

Most reactions

Latest posts