What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best sim for ipad 3

lawrie1947

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

trying to work out the best way to get a data deal for my iPad 3

Three have unlimited data for iPhone sims. can I get one and just use it for data in my iPad?

Any help or suggestions welcome

Thanks

Lawrie

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you in the uk?
So far I have found if you go with three there connection is not always great but there data plan is unbeatable. You have to go on a network that offers an iPad data plan. I have 10GB of data per month for £15 on a month by month rolling contract. You can go on pay as you go but the data is expensive. I went round all the networks and even on contract most networks offer just 1GB to 3GB in data. I use mine daily for everything from streaming video to basic Internet usage and I found on my 2GB plan I quickly went over the data limit and you have to wait til the month is up before you get it refreshed or pay extra. Now I have plenty, I don't use a pc so this is my main source for the internet.
Go to a three store and ask them to try a sim card in your iPad to test the reception, then get them to check it in your area too. Although my signal has improved now, after 4 replacement sim cards. Might be an isolated issue of mine but three definitely has the best deal.

I'm told iPhone sims won't work for an iPad also. Have not tested it myself.

Last edited:

GoatR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at giff gaff they do some good data only pay as you go plans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
L

lawrie1947

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info.

I am in the UK and have had three on my midi and it is better than bt in the house.

I saw the 10 gig from three but fancied the unlimited data you can get with an iphone sim.

Will have a look at giffgaff too :)

Most reactions

Latest posts