What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best messaging app?

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I've tried all kinds of messaging apps, and am wasting too much time.

What's your opinions on the best messaging app? I'm looking for something that will do SMS, mms, and IM for both iPad and iPhone.

Thanks!

Jlb462606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I us an app named talktone .... It works directly with my google voice account and also offers unlimited calling in the u.s. for free ....deff open yourself a free gmail account and you can get all the communication features you want for free !! Get goggle + account also free threw gmail , if you already have google + check out the app G-whizz , it will keep all your g + subscriptions in one app ! I now use my iPad 2 as my home/buisness line for free !!

OP
mhaskell

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I seeing double?

Google doesn't offer integrated mms and SMS.

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
Lol, even though that's clearly a double post word for word... I'm torn between talkatone and google voice... Talkatone is designed for iPad, whereas the google voice app is iPhone sized and you have to use 2x. Talkatone isn't as reliable for getting every single text . Sometimes you'll get 98% of your messages. Google Voice app is really reliable, but has more flaws and less features. I'm still looking for a good app that'll let me text, send pics, and call... But doesn't have the weird talkatone user interface

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mhaskell said:
Hi - I've tried all kinds of messaging apps, and am wasting too much time.

What's your opinions on the best messaging app? I'm looking for something that will do SMS, mms, and IM for both iPad and iPhone.

Thanks!

I use iMessage. I also use Talkatone but only for calls when my minutes get low.

OP
mhaskell

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you can't use iMessage with people who don't have ios5, right?

tinkermol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my I pad 2 two days ago sent an email no propble now it is saying the email address is not registered ??? help

delwinchowhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had been using text messaging plus for iPad which is completely free. The app allows you to send and receive text and video messages over internet. it gave me an option to pick a canadian number. Recently i have noticed crashing and so am disappointed and am back in the market searching for some new options.

if you want to give it a try...may be it works for you and it is the answer for your needs. oh and it works for any devices..like ios to android/blackberry and users are able to send messages back to your Ipad..

Hope this helps.

Delwin.

image-4225549392.png

i have attached the image of the icon..in case..;)

Most reactions

Latest posts