What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad video converter?

Eleain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]What do you guys reckon is the best iPad video converter for Mac? I can find hundreds on the Internet but another additional requirement I’d like to use it to download streaming videos (like from youtube) to my iPad, any experience? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PS: if it is FREE, that would be the best :p thanks[/FONT]

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My life got a lot more simple after I bought DVD Catalyst. It was just under $10 and works brilliantly, simply, quickly and flexibly. Highly recommended - no connection other than as a customer.

SoldOnApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should absolutely try Handbrake before anything else. Any video converter on the Mac should always be compared to Handbrake as far as I'm concerned.

maliu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SoldOnApple said:
You should absolutely try Handbrake before anything else. Any video converter on the Mac should always be compared to Handbrake as far as I'm concerned.

VLC + Handbrake = win otherwise Handbrake won't convert security encoded content. "caveat" Use it for stuff you own, not intended to advise people otherwise.

Roselin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"best" is an obscure concept, that depends on your own demands and requirements. Handbrake’s a popular choice, combining good looks with DVD extraction tool and video converting tool, it works well as a conversation program, but if u want to download youtube video, you could take a shot for youtube downloader, or macx video converter pro, both them can download videos from YouTube and Google by entering the page URL.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use handbrake but I decided to just buy the app AVPlayerHD, now I don't have to do any more converting or spend time setting up the files to convert and waiting to finish. I think it was $3 and well worth it.

Bevin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Foxreal DVD to iPad Converter, it works well for my ipad 2

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't felt the need to convert DVDs to my iPad, just files from my computer, and I use Format Factory for that. But if I ever want to put one of my DVDs on my iPad, I'd use Handbrake I think.

Most reactions

Latest posts