What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best apps for creating customized data entry forms?

mngoose33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My company is doing some field research related to the labeling of products in grocery stores. We'd like to provide our staff with iPads and a preloaded app that makes it easy for them to record whether each product has a certain nutrition label that is clearly displayed. Ideally, the field researchers would be able to easily drill down to each product (e.g., beverage/soft drinks/pepsi/2 liter bottle) and indicate whether it has the label or not. We want to try to make this as easy on the researchers as possible, so we'd prefer using some sort of drill-down form than a spreadsheet app like Numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding apps we could use?

Thanks!

OP
M

mngoose33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks bluejay, I will look into FormConnect and see if it will work for us. If anyone has additional suggestions, please let me know.

Crooki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just what I need but feed back does not look good.

But if it works for you.....

How did you find it?

Crooki

matt.connolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobiledataanywhere.com
Hi Crooki,

We have many happy customers using the Mobile Data app in Australia, from small to large businesses, collecting a few to thousands of data sessions per month. Forms can have any number of pages, and include complex show/hide logic, include photos, gps coordinates, filtering, calculations, etc.

Our hosted service Mobile Data Anywhere may be of interest to you too. It allows devices to submit data from anywhere with an Internet connection and you can download the data without having to set up your own server.

Let us know what solution you end up using!

Regards,
Matt Connolly
Mobile Data Anywhere

ChrisMaldini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey mngoose33,

Not sure if you still are in-need of a solution. I know of a mobile/web app that allows to create custom forms and questionnaires. It's highly-customizable so I think it could work in the way you asking. Check out http://easydata.me - Hope this helps :)

Most reactions