What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life

daquilino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will I be adding to the battery life by using my iPad plugged in?

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your will battery will go up when you use it while its charging. The ipad charges pretty fast

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum - :)

Second, I'm assuming that your question is if you leave your iPad plugged in most of the time (i.e. w/o the battery discharging), will the battery last longer?

Well, the short answer is NO - the Lithium-ion battery technology is pretty mature at this point; the battery is meant to be discharged periodically (not completely - maybe to 20% remaining charge) and should last for many charging cycles, i.e. you likely will replace your iPad before the battery gives out!

There will be be many opinions given w/ some likely conflicting - take a look HERE for some more information and checkout the advice on the iPad Guide book.

Most reactions

Latest posts