What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup to icloud

nanny47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the auto sync on my iPad for my photo stream. Also have auto backups on. Have added very little to photo stream since iOS update. Now getting message that ipad can't be backed up due to not enough storage. Prior to had 3 Gb of 5 unused. Biggest backup is photo stream . Looks like icloud trying to back up prior photo backups as well? How can I look at what is actually already backed up in iCloud?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photos in your PhotoStream don't use your iCloud storage.

Go to Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup - Manage Storage (iOS 7) or Settings - General - Usage - iCloud - Manage Storage (iOS 8) and look at the apps there. You'll see how much storage space they need. You'll also be able to disable backup for them.

There's no way to take a look at your iCloud backup data.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In iOS 8, go to Settings - General - Usage - iCloud - Manage Storage:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not directly to Settings - iCloud.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is what I have in settings

You've accidentally posted your email address as part of your images. You should probably remove them, to be on the safe side.

Skitch is a great, and free, app that will let you obscure sensitive information and add useful annotations to your images. It's what most of us use.

OP
N

nanny47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, I learn something new every time.

Most reactions

Latest posts