What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVI issues--help me export!

vtsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tonight I imported some AVI files from a memory card into the photo library of my ipad 2. Upon completing the import, I deleted the files from my memory card.

The avi files are now stored in the photo library and appear as gray boxes with the letters AVI. I cannot view the videos or select them to copy. Because I deleted the AVI files from the memory card, they are only stored on the Ipad now and I need to export them in some way.

I tried using the goodreader app, but when I go to copy the files I get an "UNKOWN FILE FORMAT" prompt, and the goodreader software will not move the files.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend an hand any time.

With regard to AVI files and the iPad, have a look at this post...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/42021-movies.html#post291084

Files from a memory card can almost always be recovered. If you haven't used the memory card, don't...that way your files won't be overwritten. Depending on what you use, Mac, Windows or Linux, there are a number of programs that can recover files from a memory card. Do a quick Google search and you'll find quite a few. (Most all of them work the same way.) Some members may have some recommendations if you'll post what OS you're using.

Hope that helps and welcome again! Please take a moment to click on the links below my signature to enhance your experience with our forum as well as your iPad. We'll look forward to your contributions!

Most reactions

Latest posts