What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-Brightness and Brightness Slider Question ?

magnito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a question if I have my Auto-Brightness on should I drag the Brightness Adjustment Slider all the way down to Zero ? Or Should I leave it half the way in between or where exactly ?

Johnboysupergolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes in a dark room the brightness may need a little adjustment on auto brightness.
I always leave mine about halfway and press the home button twice and scroll to the left for quick adjustment. It does make significant difference to battery life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a question if I have my Auto-Brightness on should I drag the Brightness Adjustment Slider all the way down to Zero ? Or Should I leave it half the way in between or where exactly ?

G'day magneto. No, no need to drag it to zero. At whatever slide position it's in, if you have Auto Brightness set to "On", it will adjust itself automatically eg when you go outside. But you can override this at any time with the slider even when it's on Auto Brightness.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
M

magnito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day magneto. No, no need to drag it to zero. At whatever slide position it's in, if you have Auto Brightness set to "On", it will adjust itself automatically eg when you go outside. But you can override this at any time with the slider even when it's on Auto Brightness.
Regards, Andrew

Ok But is there a Ideal Position where the slider should be kept ?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok But is there a Ideal Position where the slider should be kept ?

Well, I generally use it in the evenings on a lounge chair with a side lamp and the slider on about a third of the way along which gives me a good, economical (battery wise) brightness and nice for reading. I have auto brightness off but if you have it On you can still adjust to suit youself for reading if you sit down like me. But if you have auto "On" and if you moved to say a much darker room your iPad will get automatically brighter. I hope that makes sense.
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts