What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Author from N.B. Canada

Joan Hall Hovey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joanhallhovey.com
Hi, I think I introduced myself a while back, but here I am once again. Briefly, I teach creative writing, write suspense novels, play the piano badly and love animals, sometimes better than people. I don't mean you of course. :)
I live by the river, and enjoy swimming in it when it's not too cold.
Joan

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Welcome to the forums! Youll find many people who are all too willing to help you with you ipad at a moments notice. However, before asking any questions, i would emplore you to use the forums search function. This helps keep the number of duplicate threads to a minimum because your question may have already been asked.

FreeBird

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Joan Hall Hovey said:
Hi, all,

Thank you for the warm welcome, Tim, Moonlit Sonata, Freebird et al.

Still mulling over buying the i-pad. It's a lot of $$

Well worth the investment if you ask me! :)

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Joan. Yes, it is an "investment" as some might call it—and I include myself in that. If you're thinking about an iPad as a writer's tool, i.e., for sitting down with and just writing, I'd say you'd probably like it once you had the appropriate apps. But if you're the kind of writer who goes into a special room, closes the door, fires up the desktop, and goes to work in splendid and accustomed isolation— well, then you might find it less useful as a strictly writing tool.

I'm more of a "roaming writer" and I really like having the iPad as a ready companion wherever and whenever I choose to use it. (I just added the Apple wireless keyboard and it has boosted the iPad's usefulness to me by about 300%.)

Good luck in your deliberations. I predict that once you have one you will ask yourself "Why did I wait so long?"

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm more of a "roaming writer" and I really like having the iPad as a ready companion wherever and whenever I choose to use it. (I just added the Apple wireless keyboard and it has boosted the iPad's usefulness to me by about 300%.)

The Apple Wireless Keyboard and the Origami Workstation. You are going to have to add those to the total amount budgeted for the total cost of the iPad. ;)

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
As an English major, i can tell you the ipad has changed the way i write. In more ways than one. It has allowed me to write better, and faster than a computer ever could (and i have been typing since i was 5). The ability to use not only the default apple word processing application, but a few others that allow me to sync with google docs and use dropbox for cloud file storage is amazing. Also the ease of use, but also the complexity of the device should you choose to explore all of its options are astonishing.

Get one. Nuff said :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
As an English major, i can tell you the ipad has changed the way i write. In more ways than one. It has allowed me to write better, and faster than a computer ever could (and i have been typing since i was 5). The ability to use not only the default apple word processing application, but a few others that allow me to sync with google docs and use dropbox for cloud file storage is amazing. Also the ease of use, but also the complexity of the device should you choose to explore all of its options are astonishing.

I totally agree with this post and have had a similar experience so far.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:

This. :D

justmemarie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Joan Hall Hovey,

I have read your books and found them to be amazing!! Glad to see you here!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts