What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attachments and printing from Ipad Mini

NJMom130

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to figure the following two things:

I am responding to an email and want to add an attachment to it. Dont' know how to do it. Can someone please advise what I need to do.

Also how do I print from an Ipad Mini? Any help would be appreciated.

Nancy

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you trying to attach a photograph or video? If so, you are in luck. They are about the only file types that can be attached and forwarded.

Press on the text entry area of the screen and an option box will appear. Tap on the arrow to the right of the box. The box will now read "Insert Photo or Video". Touch that and you can add from your camera roll.

To print, you need an AirPrint capable printer, or some solution such as HPs eprint service.

There are other solutions but I haven't tried any.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have an AirPrint compatible printer like me then try FingerPrint (download a free trial) http://www.collobos.com/index.php

o
r "Printing For Ipad" in the app store and many more in the App store. Of course you can always buy an Airprint compatible printer. I tried both solutions and both work fine. I use fingerprint cause I can install it on my PC and share the printer to the rest of the family with Ipads and Iphones.

billo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that was fantastic. thanks I don't have to try and solve this "air printer" thing anymore.

Rojas4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have an AirPrint compatible printer like me then try FingerPrint (download a free trial) http://www.collobos.com/index.php

o
r "Printing For Ipad" in the app store and many more in the App store. Of course you can always buy an Airprint compatible printer. I tried both solutions and both work fine. I use fingerprint cause I can install it on my PC and share the printer to the rest of the family with Ipads and Iphones.

It's not called fingerprint anymore it's now called. Presto and it's $2.00 bucks
a month, it's a great program if you don't have an AirPrint compatible printer.

ILikeChoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to figure the following two things:

I am responding to an email and want to add an attachment to it. Dont' know how to do it. Can someone please advise what I need to do.

Also how do I print from an Ipad Mini? Any help would be appreciated.

Nancy
yes you need airprint printer, i dont have an airprint printer and i find the default mail app limited, so use the altamail app that should help and it will let you print from the ipad mini

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the attachment is in another app like Goodreader, Pages, etc, email it from that app, not as a reply to the other email. I don't think you can attach or insert anything into an email except a photo. I could be wrong.

If you need the info from the email you are replying to included, copy and paste that info into the email you have the "attachment" in.

Most reactions

Latest posts