What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atomic Browser, Images, & Scrolling

IrishPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying new browsers based on what I've read on here and decided on the pro version of Atomic. One major issue I have found with it is when I am scrolling on say a thread in a photography forum with lots of pictures posted, the page hiccups as I scroll. I don't seem to have this issue with safari.

Anyone else notice this? Thoughts or suggestions? It's fairly frustrating and forces me to scroll pretty slowly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Safari is faster. It is the only browser on the iPad that can take advantage of some improvements Apple recently made to the system software. Hopefully in iOS 5 those improvements will be available to developers as well, and we will see some speed boosts in third party browsers.

I don't know why the faster browser code is not available to developers now. I suspect it is simply because the new API's need to be written and evaluated, but it could be the nefarious work of the EAE (Evil Apple Empire); postulated by the AOCT (Anonymous Organization of Conspiracy Theorists).

Most reactions

Latest posts