What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fast Scrolling Kills Browser???

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried fast scrolling on a few pages there and it was ok for me. Maybe you need a reboot?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had it kill the browser but surfing with iPad is MUCH worse than using a desktop. On the same internet connection via wireless router, a desktop or laptop in my house renders the entire page immediately. On the iPad it takes much longer to load. I have to scroll to the bottom of the page which is all gray, THEN it renders it AFTER I get there, if that makes sense.

wenzej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed that on at least one site Izismile.com (Internet picture site) that if I am looking at a sub page that has over a hundred pictures and scrolling down the page (even slowly) it seems to just bounces me out of the browser back to the ipad "desk top". If I open the browser again and start over it does it again in about the same place. This is the only site I have noticed it on, but it is the only one that has that long of a page that I go to. It is like it runs out of memory or something. I am not a big fan of safari but it seems to work ok for other things.

AndyMT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to scroll to the bottom of the page which is all gray, THEN it renders it AFTER I get there, if that makes sense.

happens to me as well. very annoying.

this thing is pretty bad for browsing forums that have a lot to load. seems to take forever before i can scroll down to the bit i want.

the rest of the internet seems fine and i'm getting good WIFI speed. i wonder if the iPAD just can't render quickly enough.

that's a good omen then for when the multi-tasking update surfaces. if it can't cope with doing a single task of rendering a web page ...

Last edited:

Most reactions