What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps slowing ipad down

Ian_NZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep getting the message that this app is slowing your ipad down.
It happens on a range of apps and on both my ipad air 2 and my wife's Air, both running latest iOS. What am I supposed to do about it? Surely it is up to Apple to get their app suppliers to update their apps.

OP
I

Ian_NZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that my contract is with Apple because I bought the apps from the App store. Apple should at least be putting pressure on developers to keep their apps updated. i.e. Fix or we pull it!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that my contract is with Apple because I bought the apps from the App store. Apple should at least be putting pressure on developers to keep their apps updated. i.e. Fix or we pull it!
They are. If apps like that aren't updated, they'll be pulled from the App Store. That's really the only pressure that Apple can put on the app developers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Yes, they are putting pressure on the developers. That's what the message is all about. It's letting you know that a developer is not keeping up with Apple's recommendations. Their other option would be to remove the developer's app. That would certainly get the developer's attention, but it would also deprive you of a possibly critical app; which while not as up to date as it could be, does still work.

This is mostly about Apple getting users and developers ready to migrate to 64 bit apps, so they can drop the legacy support for 32 bit apps. Expect the next wave of warning, mostly to developers, to say apps will stop working with iOS version xxx. This will be when Apple starts pulling non-compliant apps. I give it a year. Two at the most.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No proablem. Hold in mind that I'm mearly stating my opinion, and guesses. I don't have any inside info on what Apple does or doesn't do. I do read a fair number of blogs about Apple, so my oppinions are somewhat informed by what some other smarter-than-me people think; but even they rarely have real inside info.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple is a huge company like microsoft I expect that there will be things that pop up from time to time. no company is perfect.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thomas, I hope you have read the afore-going posts. There is a reason for every pop-up and a cause. Sometimes that cause is driven by malicious intent. It should not be ignored or randomly dismissed as one of those things. Nor should you click on OK without knowing what you are agreeing to!

Most reactions