What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for displaying files for public viewing

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oops! While EE is great for creating linear tutorials, I see no way to branch to desired content in it. Could it be used in conjunction with a kiosk app, all on the iPad — don't know. That may be possible with the newer iOS versions.

Good luck.

I considered suggesting the Explain Everything app, and even Doodle Cast Pro, but in the end both of these are limited to creating non-interactive video presentations. As you say, they could be used to make some of the content, but could not be used for an interactive presentation on their own.

Websites, on the other hand, are exactly for that kind of presentation. It's just that they require a fair amount of knowledge and more expensive tools to create (That last is not strictly true, but few web developers have the chops to create complex websites using nothing but a text editor. Not these days.)

I've bounced this around in my head some more, and come up with a couple other 'possible' solutions, but a web site style presentation still looks like the most promising, given the requirements.

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No doubt you're right, TP. But I'm unlettered in web design. If I'm right about new tools in the latest iOS versions, I would bounce this need off Piotr at MorrisCooke, the developers of EE. That support group is very responsive and clever — they might be able to add kiosk capability to EE, or one of their other apps. This is their area of expertise & specialization.

Most reactions

Latest posts