What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applying for jobs online

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I've been filling out a lot of applications lately. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to "upload" my resume to sights, as the upload button is always greyed out.

Copying and pasting is too much of a hassle due to formatting, etc.

Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

Tyvm

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try the iCab Mobile browser. It will upload to most sites. You'll have to copy the files to iCab first, usually using the Open In… feature in the originating app.

Some sites let you upload by entering a URL where the file is located. If you have a DropBox account you can copy the file to the Public folder and get a share link, then paste in into the site. It has to be the public folder. Most sites need the URL to end in the file name and extension (filename.doc). You only get full links from DropBox when the file is in the Public folder.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Lots of reasons to get GoodReader. It's the Swiss Army Knife of iPad apps. But it won't upload files to a a web site; unless they snuck that feature into a recent update, and I didn't notice.

OP
mhaskell

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They did not. I actually got GoodReader a couple of weeks ago after reading some comments in this forum. It IS great, but just short of what I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts