What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Stylus!

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That linked story has a date of Feb. 3, 2011. I'm not sure it could actually be considered "news." I have a standard stylus that works very well on the iPad. Perhaps I'm somewhat out of the loop on what's important to those who are interested in graphics applications.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bingoldsby said:
That linked story has a date of Feb. 3, 2011. I'm not sure it could actually be considered "news." I have a standard stylus that works very well on the iPad. Perhaps I'm somewhat out of the loop on what's important to those who are interested in graphics applications.

I think that the news story that alerted me to this is actually quite current for it refers to the fact that the patent was just granted recently. I think this story, which I then tracked down, just has a much better discussion of what is in the patent application.

It seems to me that this is a significant sea change for Apple, particularly in light of Steve Jobs's famous declaration about the finger being preferable to the stylus. (No pun intended!)

Here is a link showing the more current importance: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/24...ts-with-optical-tracking-and-haptic-feedback/

I believe this is a very important bit of news for anyone who handwrites on the iPad because it seems to promise increased resolution. If you have ever experienced the fat points on conventional styluses, I think you understand the issue!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts