What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Seeds iOS 8 Beta 3 to Developers with New Wallpapers, iCloud Drive Access and More

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
ios-8-beta-3-copy.png

It's almost been three weeks since Apple seeded iOS 8 beta 2 to developers. This morning, the company seeded iOS 8 beta 3 to everyone with registered developer UDID's.

Apple's iOS 8 beta 2 included a few new UI tweaks and small changes in apps like iBooks, App Store, Messages, and Camera. iOS 8 beta 3 is still being skimmed through for changes, but so far a new Handoff toggle, access to iCloud Drive and new wallpapers have been found.

The third beta of iOS 8 features the build label 12a4318c, and is now available for download on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Folks can update to the latest build via iTunes or OTA update.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Access to iCloud via a real file system type of thing would be freeging awesome. Hope that comes true.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I doubt it will be exactly like the file system we are used to on a computer, but it will offer a great deal more freedom to move files around (without making copies).

I am also looking forward to this, and all the other new features.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I doubt it will be exactly like the file system we are used to on a computer, but it will offer a great deal more freedom to move files around (without making copies).

I am also looking forward to this, and all the other new features.

Sure thing. I wouldn't expect a total free for all with files but the iPad does need a little better file management capabilities. This sounds like the ticket without breaking into the walled garden idea. :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How does one get a hold of the beta. I've already signed up for the Mac Yosemite beta. I wonder if they will actually approve me. :)

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To get the iOS 8 beta you have to pay the $99.00 fee to become a registered iOS developer. Since you've signed up for the OSX Yosemite public beta, you'll be notified when it's ready for download, if you were one of the first million people to sign up. There's no way of telling in advance if you're going to be accepted.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've signed up for the OSX Yosemite public beta program and have an iOS developer account. I'm waiting to try out the new iCloud Drive.View attachment 58550

Be careful with that. Don't depend on it for anything permanent or important. Apple sometimes clears out the beta iCloud accounts as things change and need updating; though they will probably warn you. They did last time anyway.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful with that. Don't depend on it for anything permanent or important. Apple sometimes clears out the beta iCloud accounts as things change and need updating; though they will probably warn you. They did last time anyway.
Thanks, I never have anything important in the cloud at any time.

Most reactions