What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Security Update

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been reported and I missed it.

Apple released a new Security Update for IOS. Go to Setting, General, and Software Update.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update to 6.1.6 for devices like iPhone 3GS that can not take iOS7. Devices capable of taking iOS7 like iPad2s will have to upgrade to 7.0.6 to get the security patch which fixes SSL/TLS man in the middle attack. Does not appear one will be able to stay at 6.1.x on iPad2s for example as no security patch will be offered to upgrade them to 6.1.6. OSx apparently is also affected but a patch for that O/S has not yet been released.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Regarding OS X computers, I believe the SSL vulnerability only affects wifi, so hardwired ethernet connections behind firewalls should be safe. Expect a fix later this week.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

OP
cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Regarding OS X computers, I believe the SSL vulnerability only affects wifi, so hardwired ethernet connections behind firewalls should be safe. Expect a fix later this week. This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

OSX Security update is now avaiable.

Most reactions

Latest posts