What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases First iOS 10.3 Beta, Complete With “Find My AirPods” Feature

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
First iOS 10.3 beta reveals Find My AirPods feature.JPG

MacRumors reports that Apple has today seeded the first iOS 10.3 beta to developers. We’ll learn more about the various features included in the update when developers start reporting them, but it looks like the biggest feature is the new “Find My AirPods” mode, which is pretty self-explanatory!

The new feature works by letting you add your AirPods to the “Find My iPhone” app along with your other Apple products. Should you then lose your AirPods, you can tap on them in the Find My iPhone app to make them play a chirping tone, which will get increasingly louder until you can locate it.

Once activated, you can choose whether to play the alarm through the left or right AirPod, or both. You’ll also be able to view the AirPods’ location on your iPhone screen, using the iPhone’s GPS to track the AirPods to the last known place that they were connected.

Sources: Apple Seeds First Beta of iOS 10.3 With 'Find My AirPods' to Developers

iOS 10.3 Beta Includes New 'Find My AirPods' Mode for Locating Lost AirPods

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing the new beta release doesn't include is the anticipated dark mode.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also missing the rumored improvements to app switcher interface; the feature I was most hopping to see. Well, it's not released yet, so hope is not completely dead. :(

Most reactions