What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Offers iTunes Credits for Customers Affected by eBook Price Fixing

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple-itunes-ebook-credit-620x570.png

A few days ago, we have shared with you the news according to which Apple has started emailing iTunes users to offer refunds for unauthorized in-app purchases. Now, according to the 9to5Mac publication, Cupertino has started sending out iTunes credits for customers affected by ebook price fixing. The ebook price fixing situation has been recently settled, but only partially. The lawsuit involves companies such as Apple, Amazon, Hachette, Harper Collins, Penguin, Macmillan, and Simon & Schuster. Here’s how the email from Apple looks like:

Dear Apple Customer, You previously received an email informing you that you were eligible for a credit in your Apple iTunes account. The credit results from the Settlements reached with publishers Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Penguin in antitrust lawsuits filed by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books (‘E-books’). We are happy to inform you that the Court in charge of these cases has approved the Settlements, and an account credit is ready for you to activate. You can activate your account credit in the same way that you redeem an iTunes Gift Card. To activate your credit now click on the link provided below [offered at the end of the letter] and enter your iTunes store credit activation code.

Albeit it was found guilty, Apple appealed the ruling but has still sent out credits to the affected customers. The free iTunes credit is available for activation for one year, meaning it will expire on April 1 in 2015 (ironically, yes, that’s Fool’s day). However, if 90 days have passed and you still haven’t redeemed your money, Apple also promises to remind you via email.

Source: iPhoneForums

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder how many people like me who *never* click on an e-mail link offering me money.

I never do. If I had kids they would never get into my **** to purchase any app I didn't give them permission to buy. That's that new age way of raising children, ridiculous. Oh well.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Most reactions