What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple iPad gets the new Gmail app

afc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deception! That's what I call to the new G's app. It's not much different than loggin into their mobile website. Was expecting something MUCH better

Maybe it's just me :(

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
afc said:
Deception! That's what I call to the new G's app. It's not much different than loggin into their mobile website. Was expecting something MUCH better

Maybe it's just me :(

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

It's OK. I LOVE the G-Whizz app which has Google Voice, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, an others which I don't even use... They need to update the app though. Of course the paid app is updated for IOS 5. Free one is not - still waiting for Apple to approve ... Whatever....

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Discovered the fix for the fact that the new Google Mail app was not showing up in the App Store. Turns out that I was one rev behind in updating iTunes on my computer. Once I went through the pain of downloading and installing the latest version of iTunes, Gmail showed up in the App Store.

Not impressed with the app itself. It lacks the mass select feature necessary to do mass moves/deletes of multiple emails. Still have to do that on the net.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don’t like it either.
It is hard to tell which emails are new. They are only a shade lighter. Also like the android version it says I have emails some times and don't show up in the inbox.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don’t like it either.
It is hard to tell which emails are new. They are only a shade lighter. Also like the android version it says I have emails some times and don't show up in the inbox.

Could be a bug, but you might also have a filter in gmail that immediately puts some emails into folders other than the inbox.

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found that if I emailed a photo to myself and opened it in the gmail app, I was unable to save it to my photo album. O.T.O.H.,
if I opened gmail in Safari, I could thensave the photo. Very strange.
Cheers, Dan

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find that I much prefer using Gmail through Safari rather than the native e-mail app on my iPad. I used Touch Icon to create a
springboard icon. I found the controls easier to use this way. Otherwise, I was always misdirecting my emails ...especially when I wanted to delete an email. I could never get a handle on the native email apps menu icons. That's just me, anyway.
Cheers, Dan

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Could be a bug, but you might also have a filter in gmail that immediately puts some emails into folders other than the inbox.

Has to be a bug because the emails show fine in the native clients.

64GB 3G White iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts