What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Could be Planning to Launch New iPad and iPad Mini on September 10

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2013_prototype.JPG

Although not yet officially confirmed, it is widely rumoured that Apple will be launching two new iPhones at a special event on September 10. However, according to Phone Arena, Apple may also be planning to launch its new iPad and iPad mini models at the same event.

The news comes via a Bloomberg article about Apple’s plans to open a new store in Tokyo, Japan, which also includes the following casual reference to iPads as well as iPhones being launched at the September 10th event: “The Cupertino, California-based company plans to introduce new versions of its phone and tablet at a Sept. 10 event, a person familiar with the matter has said.â€

As Phone Arena notes, Bloomberg is usually a very credible source for Apple stories, so much so, in fact, that some think that Apple does a lot of intentional strategic leaking to Bloomberg, so this could very well be accurate.

Source: Apple will unveil not only new iPhone(s), but new iPad(s) as well on September 10th

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fingers and apps crossed- ever since hubby got his iPad 4, my first gen iPad is mighty slow and heavy- not to mention I have 4 apps I frequent that I can no longer update without IOS 6- If no news by the end of Oct, i'll go for the iPad 4- just figure new model will have a newer processor that will last at least 4 years till unable to update?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that is great news.....I'm very much waiting for the new iPad to replace my iPad 2.

Happy days!!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
fingers and apps crossed- ever since hubby got his iPad 4, my first gen iPad is mighty slow and heavy- not to mention I have 4 apps I frequent that I can no longer update without IOS 6- If no news by the end of Oct, i'll go for the iPad 4- just figure new model will have a newer processor that will last at least 4 years till unable to update?

Nothing wrong with an iPad 4. Heck, when the new iPad comes out prices on the 4th gen will go even lower. It's a solid unit with a great processor that will last a while. If I decide to upgrade from my iPad 2 it will be with a refurbished iPad 4 since that will be the best deal.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to read about some new Apple product rollouts! Exciting times ahead ! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts