What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple App purchases on an individual's account?

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to be so very dim here but I have hunted high and low but cannot find a list of the $ amounts spent on Apple Apps over the last year or so... I guess Apple simply doesn't offer this for us or am I looking in the wrong place?

What's crazy is that if you at the App in the Store the price is gone and only the Cloud icon to download is present which isn't much help....

Now that I'm running an iPad Pro specially within a small business the bean counter has requested some kind of proof that outgoing money's have been spent on 'software'....

Apologies if this has already been discussed but my searches for it brought up zip-nada.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sign out of your AppleID in the App Store and the prices should appear.

I imagine it will be pretty tedious to go through a lot of apps this way. Hopefully, you'll get paid for the time it takes, and can bill that to the bean-counter.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple also sends an email receipt whenever you purchase something from iTunes and the App Store. It could be possible to add up the amounts in these receipts unless they have been deleted.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The email receipt you recieved from Apple should be the best proof you can provide. I don't have a business to keep track off, but I save my email receipts to a folder in Mail anyway; just in case. It's possible to print these from the Mail app. You can also save them as PDF; a recent trick that only works with iOS 10 (though it worked on the iPhone 6s in iOS 9).

(I can go into more detail on this if you need it)

It is also possible to check your iTunes Store (same as App Store) purchase history on a Mac or PC using iTunes. For some reason Apple hasn't extended the same ability to the iOS versions of iTunes.

Here's Apples support page on the issue.
See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC

Another method is to look at the history of the credit/debit card you used to make the purchases. While not as detailed as the receipts or Apple's purchase history, it may be enough.

It is possible to see the price of an app wihtout signing out of the App Store, but it's pretty round about. You need to go to the Purchased List in the App Store app, choose Copy Link from the share sheet, then paste the link into the Safari's URL/Search field. This won't take you directly to the page, but you should see a search result under Apps that also shows the current price of the app.

Image.jpeg

Taping on this link used to take you to a webpage version of the apps description. Now it takes you directly to the App Store, convinient most of the time but not for your purposes; so it's nice the search result shows the price.

Hold in mind that showing how much an app costs in the App Store right now isn't a solid proof of purchase. It's like showing an add for some thing in a store. It does not prove you paid that price for the item. There are sales and price changes all the time, even in the App Store. Perhaps especially in the App Store.

OP
MorrisTheCat

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A massive thank you everyone, especially to twerppoet! I had faint recall to a couple years back when I was so easily able to drill down on iTunes to my account activity and for some reason completely lost the process from my memory. All sorted now... ah and yikes... all those App purchases sure do add up.... hmmm.

Most reactions