What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Accidentally Leaks Details of New iPad Range

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
1707-1413409756-0451af5aa390595bff99c50e668bbf42.jpg

With the reveal of the new iPad range less than a day away now, MacRumors reports that Apple has accidentally updated its iPad User Guide for iOS 8 with screenshots that reveal information about the new iPads.

In the update, which MacRumors says has now been replaced by the previous update once Apple was informed of the mistake, it shows new iPads called “iPad mini 3” and “iPad Air 2”.

The guide also reveals that both new iPads will have Touch ID, as has been strongly rumoured recently. And if the pictures shown in the updated guide are anything to go by, then both new iPads look very similar to their previous versions.

The iPad Air 2 has been rumoured to be thinner than the first iPad Air, and that may still be the case, but it is of course not apparent from the angle of these shots.

Elsewhere in the guide, mention is made of the fact that the iPad Air 2 will have an improved camera with Burst Mode image feature.

Source: MacRumors

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised they are doing much with the camera. Does anyone actually take many photos with their ipad? Just so awkward, IMO.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised they are doing much with the camera. Does anyone actually take many photos with their ipad? Just so awkward, IMO.

Using it to view photos is just a good feeling because of the screen size, I gotta hand it to them for upgrading the camera.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

If you look at the camera purely as a way to take photos, it seems a bit awkward, especially if you have an even better camera sitting in your pocket.

However, if you look at it as a image sensor, useful for all kinds of image based input, it becomes a great tool. The alternative is to transfer every image you need on the iPad from another device. That's kind of awkward if the primary app you are working with is on the iPad.

On the other hand, if you have a newer iPhone, and the new Photos & iCloud Drive works as advertised, transferring photos and videos between them should be relatively easy.

In the end, I offer this simple advice: Never turn down a better camera. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts