What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App updates

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated to the new IOS 7. I like everything, but one problem that I've encountered and not sure how to correct it... When I go to the App Store to update an app that I was notified about, it does update with no problem, BUT, the app never disappears frm my update list. I only have the option to open that particular app. Is there a way I can delete if from the list of apps that was already updated?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding, from reading about it on the Interwebz, is that those updates will stay on the update page (they'll change from "update" to "open").

My guess as to why is so that those people who elect to have their iPads update apps automatically can have a chance/time to see what apps have been updated. Otherwise, with the auto-update feature, how would you ever know...?

That's my guess anyway - and I hear each updated app disappears from the list after a week or so. Or some time. They won't stay forever...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like the Updates tab will now keep a history of recently updated apps. This makes a lot of sense when you realize you can now set apps to update automatically. If it didn't you'd have no way (short of scrolling through all your Home Screens and looking for blue dots) to see what apps had recently been updated.

If, like me, you have not enabled automatic updates, fear not. Apps with updates available, but not downloaded, will appear at the top of the list with and UPDATE button, just like before; and the Update All option is still available (when applicable).

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank goodness for this forum, I have got this list of updated apps and was wondering what was going on, quick look through the forum pages and up pops the answer. This site is worth it's weight in gold!

Sent from Wales.

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like the Updates tab will now keep a history of recently updated apps. This makes a lot of sense when you realize you can now set apps to update automatically. If it didn't you'd have no way (short of scrolling through all your Home Screens and looking for blue dots) to see what apps had recently been updated.

If, like me, you have not enabled automatic updates, fear not. Apps with updates available, but not downloaded, will appear at the top of the list with and UPDATE button, just like before; and the Update All option is still available (when applicable).

Thanks... It's people lie you and places like this that make owning an ipad more enjoyable!

Most reactions

Latest posts