What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App updates changed for me

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now on iOS8 iPad2.
Tap on an app on update list and instead of seeing any indication of download or update, the spinning circle immediately returns to 'update'.

I did this for a few apps in my update queue that I have not updated and the response is the same, I figured maybe something is wrong with the process.

Several minutes later I find the blue dot on my home screen next to the apps I updated.

So i guess iOS 8 broke the indicator that shows an app is updating even tho it really does update.

OP
J

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
replying to myself, it's working correctly again. Maybe there was a glitch at the time I was trying to update the apps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
replying to myself, it's working correctly again. Maybe there was a glitch at the time I was trying to update the apps.
Maybe your internet connection was weaker than normal at the time you tried the updates?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The App Store servers have been unusually busy the last couple days, with all the new app updates. That often causes weird one-time problems that self correct.

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated all my apps today but I have 4 or 5, I actually paid for, that have said 'waiting' all day. Now what do I do...I can't get into them at all.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reset your iPad, using both Home and Power button.

Sign out of your Apple ID in App Store, then sign in again.

If this doesn't help, delete them from Settings - General - Usage - Manage Storage and reinstall them from your Purchased list.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've found that after the restart/reset, it sometimes helps to tap on the icon, once. This usually puts it in the queue for downloading. But wait a while. Normally it will get around to the download itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts