What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to Write text, import pictures, then email and read in word.

NationalgridTx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for an app to

Write text, import pictures either from album or camera.
I then want to be able to email the document.
I want to then either, open the content using ms word, or be able to cut content from the email into word.

Evernote looked like it might do this, but I can't cut and paste into word as the pictures don't show up.

Important, the pictures must stay where they were put relative to the text. Onenote looked like it might do, but it moves the pix to the end of the email.

SS.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for an app to

Write text, import pictures either from album or camera.
I then want to be able to email the document.
I want to then either, open the content using ms word, or be able to cut content from the email into word.

Evernote looked like it might do this, but I can't cut and paste into word as the pictures don't show up.

Important, the pictures must stay where they were put relative to the text. Onenote looked like it might do, but it moves the pix to the end of the email.

SS.

Pages will do exactly what you require. You can email your results in either .doc or .pdf format. $10 from the App Store.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Textilus will let you add pictures, and email documents in RTF format; which is compatible with Word. Lots of other export options.

It doesn't have nearly the range of formatting and layout options as Pages, but the keyboard is enhanced with all kind of text entry shortcuts and such. There is a free version to try out, which you can upgrade with an in-app purchase to the full featured version.

Don't get me wrong. I love Pages. But if you don't need all the layout, shapes, graphs, and many other formatting features of Pages, Textilus is pretty awesome. It's about mid-way between a simple text editor and a full word processor.

Most reactions

Latest posts