What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to draw on pictures

MrSNow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that would allow me to draw on images. I'm a teacher and I use my ipad to give presentations. For geography I want to be able to display a map and then draw lines or circles to show migration patterns or the like. I use goodreader to display my slideshows but that doesn't let me edit anything. So is there an app that allows me to present and edit slides or a standalone app that I could open just to draw? I've heard keynote was good but is not compatible with office 2007.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has to be Skitch. We use it on this forum all the time, and it's free.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
M

MrSNow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has to be Skitch. We use it on this forum all the time, and it's free.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar; it seems that that will work out great. Is there anything that allows me to do that in the middle of a slideshow though?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some people will moan about anything. Skitch is great, as well as being free. We use it here a lot. It's invaluable in helping to solve problems. Here's one I did a white ago to help someone with the new Do Not Disturb feature. It would have taken paragraphs to do purely in text.

image-3299415656.jpg

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. Only if you want to sync across devices. Just hit the action button and you can save your Skitches to your camera roll just as you always could.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That app (Skitch) sounded great until I read the reviews. Has it really gotten that bad?

Well, I preferred the old crop tool, and the rounded rectangle tool is a bit slow to respond; but other than that it's fine. It's still the quickest/easiest tool for marking up a screenshot.

Most of the people really upset about Skitch are bemoaning the computer version; which lost a lot of extras in the interest if simplicity. I'm not entirely happy there either, but only really miss the timed snapshot tool.

At any rate it is free. It's not like you lose anything by giving it a try.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I like about the new version is the ability to pick up the arrows etc and move them around. I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that on the old one.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sure you could. I was always moving the shapes around after the fact. You could even select multiple items and mess with them at the same time.

The resizing is better; though I wish the shapes wouldn't change thickness.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Sure you could. I was always moving the shapes around after the fact. You could even select multiple items and mess with them at the same time.

The resizing is better; though I wish the shapes wouldn't change thickness.

Damn. No wonder I found the undo button so useful.

Most reactions

Latest posts