What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app store app?

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe I'm going senile, but did there not used to be an App Store app through which I could acquire new apps and check updates on old ones?

It was, if I recall, in my Utilities Group?

Well, it has gone awol and I have no recollection of deleting it. Indeed, I have Delete Apps prohibited through Settings so I can't have deleted it in error.

How can I get it back?

I have just upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks on my iMac - is this perhaps a "feature" where I now have to do all updates, etc. via the App Store application on there?

If so, Apple,that's a nuisance as I spend more time away from the iMac and with the iPad than vice versa.

Any advice for a confused old man, please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The App Store app is built in on your iPad and can't be deleted. It could be restricted or hidden somewhere.

Go to Settings - General - Restrictions and look at those. Perhaps you restricted "Installing Apps", in that case App Store will disappear from the screen.
If nothing is restricted, use Spotlight Search to find the app.

Last edited:
OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Many thanks!

I had indeed restricted Installing Apps as my six year old twin Grandsons and three year old granddaughter were to be playing Angry Birds on the iPad that afternoon and I didn't want to be bankrupted by their voracious in-app purchasing habits!

The App is now safely restored - thanks again.

Most reactions