What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using Bento?

iLuvMyMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wytchecraft.com
I've been considering Bento, but not really sure if it's useful or just doubling up on existing apps like iCal, Address Book, etc

I'd like to keep track of my studies (course outline, study program, results), keep my passwords in one place, keep track of appointments and clients and generally maintain a record of my artwork. Yes I know Bento does all that, but like I said so do other apps already existing on my iPad.

Opinions anyone?

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it but I haven't played around with it too much yet. It is much more versatile than iCal or address book for sure. I got it for school so we will see when the semester starts. I can try to answer any specific questions you have though. Good luck

arthurlwf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For exercise log library, can Bento shows the progress in graph?? Thxs

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I attended a Bento workshop at the Apple store and was not impressed.
Bento is more of a pretty list manager than it is a database.
I think you can have it open Numbers files but whatever you create in Bento can not be accessed by other apps.
There is no report generator so no roll up summaries of the contents of the list and no graphs.

Last edited:

Passos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question

Hi,
I'm using bento for ipad and I think it's great but I've a problem...
I've to plan 2 different events. So I want some fields in one event's plan that I don't want in the other. But when I add a field, like "date", to one event that field will appear in the other event too.

Is there any option to customize the events separately?

thanks in advance

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue with this and the other top DB app, HanDBase, is that you can't alter the screen layout of the fields. HanDBase is working on this and will be the one to watch. Once you can create your own forms, then you can better present data and use the screen real estate so much more efficiently. Forms will really allow the creation of custom apps written to run within the HanDBase parent app. Very cool! :D

Cheers,

Most reactions