What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any sports cards collectors here? I'm looking for an app....

Bad LS1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and this is my first thread. I guess I should have posted a hello in the new members forum. Anyways, I collect football memorabilia. Specifically Dallas Cowboys. I have hundreds of cards and different collectible items in my game room. I'm looking for an app that will help me organize all my stuff. I mainly want to start with my card collection. I want to be able to enter the card information Player, year, card company, product, etc. and I'd also like to add a picture of the card.

Once I have all of them entered it will allow me to take my iPad to sports conventions and be able to browse my collection to see if I have a certain card before I purchase another one. There's been plenty of times I have bought a card only to get home and realize I already had it! Ugh. I've thought about making an excel spreadsheet but that is very plain, boring, and there's no real easy way to add a picture by each item. After I log in all my cards I will move on to other collectibles like Starting Lineups, Mcfarlanes, Highland Mint, etc. Thanks for any help!

OP
B

Bad LS1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll wait and see if anyone else suggest something before I spend the $10. It looks more like an excel program and I do already have QuickOffice installed.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have a Mac, and if you are willing to buy Bento for both the Mac and iPad; it would make an excellent solution.

Otherwise you should probably look at HanDBase. Not as pretty, but you can import/export data. Something you can not do with Bento unless you have the computer version.

I did a brief search of the App Store, but could not find any apps optimized for sports card collectors. That's why I'm recommending the general database apps. You probably know a better set of search terms than I do, so I suggest you try searching the App Store first, before you commit.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

There is an app called Home Inventory Manager which I have used for my home inventory. It's a great app as you can have different sections, add prices, descriptions and photos of an item. Anyway check it out, the developer is also very approachable, if you have any ideas for new features, he just might add them for you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
That's a pretty looking app. I didn't think of searching for Inventory.

I was lucky I happened upon it one day, and thought 'what a great idea'. I use it primarily for insurance reasons, but I'm a bit of a collector, so it's great for me to keep a handle on everything. I even have plants listed as I have a cycad garden, and these names can be pretty intense at times, and there are hundreds of different cycads, so it really does come in handy.

OP
B

Bad LS1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I looked at the Home Inventory app and it was nice but then I found one called MyStuff2. It's also a home inventory app and it's awesome. After playing with the free version for a bit a decided to buy the full version. It's working perfectly for what I need. Anyone looking for an inventory app should check it out also.

Most reactions

Latest posts