What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any REAL way to lock apps or folders?

Grinandbearit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched for hours for a way to lock apps or folders contains apps, but the only thing out there is for locking photos and videos, not apps. Many thanks in advance, GBI

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can lock your ipad into an app with IOS 6+ i believe by going to settings, general, accessibility, guided access. This allows you to lock into an app with a pass code to get out. Check it out.

OP
Grinandbearit

Grinandbearit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well yes of course I know about that technique. That's more for if a child is using your ipad and you only want them using one single app. I want to lock the apps on the screen. Or lock a folder full of apps. Any other ideas?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not possible unless you jailbreak. The Hacking subforum could perhaps contain some useful information.

The iPad is intended to be a single-user device, so the potential for locking out apps or files has never been built into iOS.

You can use Restrictions to limit some functions, but I suspect that is not going to be what you are looking for either.

Most reactions