What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any one interested in good diet app!

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My net diary great diet app. It reminds me of the premium Fit Day and Fit Day down load I used to have on another computer. My DH is diabetic and I really like this for both of us.

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is pricey but I have wasted so much money on other apps I think this worth the money.

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called MyNetDiary. I really like it but it was a stretch for me to pay 9.pp

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have to bite the bullet. I've been looking at the program for a while but haven't brought myself to pay for it. Not that I'm not willing to pay that for an app, but I just have to know in advance that it will get a lot of use. I found a free one that was posted in the past couple days, but it seems to access the Internet for everything it does, even looking up the calories in something.

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have messed around with so many free and cheap apps and this is the best for me. It does work with My Net Diary on the computer but I doubt if that is a problem for me since I use my iPad all the time. I have been trying to find something to monitor carbs on the Southbeach diet and you can set up the nutrients you want. I used fit day for years and had invested in the download and the premium. This is very much like the premium version of fit day. Anyway the Dr. Put my DH on low carbs. Guess what he has lost 7 pounds in 6 days and I have lost 2. Like I said for me I think this is as close as I will get to a good diet app.

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to mislead anyone. You do have to be on wifi to add items I understand. I am going out today so will check what happens without Internet. As long as I can see my food for the day I have no problem since I plan my diet ahead.

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I do believe you have to be on line to add info. Your daily info can be seen however. Also get the web page for my net diary and you can get the basic info any time. Unless you want to sign up for the premium web page and I believe you can use that and get a discount on app.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Loseit... I have been using it for the past 6 weeks and am down 16 lbs. There is a whole forum of people that use it and give feed back and what not (though i havent really used that part). But how it works. Basically its like these other apps and is a calorie counter. It has lots of store bought and restaurant specific foods (a lot of chains, fast foods, ect.) and the calories within them, and lots of excercises and the the calories/hour on 5 min intervals burnt doing them. You set a goal weight and it gives you a time frame and how many calories you can net for each day. It adds the calories you intake and subtracts the calories you output by activities. It shows where you end up for each day week or month.

I coach HS wrestling and generally after the season I take time off from working out and in the process gain about 20 lbs then try and lose it for the summer. The only true way of maintaining and or losing weight is by managing calories, especially as you reach adulthood and your metabolism begins to slow down. People try all sorts of crazy diets and gimmicks to lose weight and find they put it back on quickly once the gimmick ends. If you are worried about your weight or would like to lose a few pounds count your calories see how many you consume without dieting for a week or two. Then try and reduce that by about 500 a day and you will see the difference after a couple weeks. If you you reduce the average by 500 a day that is 1 lbs a week. If you want to lose more per week cut your net daily calories by 1000. For every 3500 calories you subtract from your weekly total your body loses a pound. Thats why this app is great, keep up with it each day and record your info and you will see the weight loss will come. I am someone who greatly enjoys eating so to balance my net calories I add workouts in to keep me below my allotted amount for the day.

A couple quick notes, you should never let your food intake be much less 1000 calories a day for an extended period of time (a few days at most) or let your net be under 500. Your body needs those calories to function and perform daily activities.

Most reactions