What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any iBook rumours

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
:mad:No idea, but just get the free Kindle, Kobo, Barnes and Noble apps and buy the books you want. Amazon and Kobo for sure are cheaper than the Apple store anyway....

I hope the ones I listed are available in Canada... If not I'm sorry :(

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad:No idea, but just get the free Kindle, Kobo, Barnes and Noble apps and buy the books you want. Amazon and Kobo for sure are cheaper than the Apple store anyway....

Kobo and Amazon are available although Amazon is limited in choices.
B&N have a reader but the store will only be online on june 27th.
iBooks only has free books available.
This looks pretty much like when the Sony readers came out. It took almost two years before things were sorted out.

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

This looks pretty much like when the Sony readers came out. It took almost two years before things were sorted out.

What a PITA.... Just so it is clear, it is the publishers that do these geo restrictions.... Not Apple, Amazon, Kobo......etc.....

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What a PITA.... Just so it is clear, it is the publishers that do these geo restrictions.... Not Apple, Amazon, Kobo......etc.....
Absolutely. And some of it is about copyright, especially on the French side of things...

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could also be the CRTC delaying them with the ridiculous "Percentage of Canadian content" requirements, and if so, it's just pathetic. I have a hard time believing that publishers are the delay because they'd jump at this gold rush. I want books. Now.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Absolutely. And some of it is about copyright, especially on the French side of things...

Well as soon as our government gets rid of the ridiculous french and english language requirements to both be provided from manufacturers, maybe we could speed things up. What a joke.

Most reactions