What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Samsung Source Says 7.85 iPad is on the Way

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
iPad_2_4.JPG

MacRumors reports today on a story in The Korea Times which states that an anonymous Samsung executive has said that that Apple is contracted to order $9.7 billion-worth of components from Samsung in 2012, possibly even as much as $11 billion-worth. The executive refers to the new iPad, plus new MacBook Airs with Samsung solid-state drives, and also, most interestingly says that Apple will indeed be releasing a smaller iPad, “probably with a 7.85-inch screen.†MacRumors says that The Korea Times also refers to another source who says that Samsung will be supplying Apple with new PLS-based LCDs for the mini iPad, and that Apple is also keen to use OLED technology, which Samsung is hoping to supply, but it seems that Apple is not yet convinced that Samsung will be able to produce screens to the standard that it requires. While this is still far from concrete or official confirmation that a smaller iPad is in the works, it is certainly starting to sound more and more like a credible story. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Anonymous Samsung Executive Claims Apple Planning to Launch Smaller iPad by End of 2012 - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although its only rumors now it has been something that has come up in the last 60 days or so quite a bit. No way to know yet. Interesting concept but I must go back to what Steve Jobs said again and again, " I won't make one " "the knitch is just not there ". I wonder if they will make one anyway? Of course they will sell many but it's possible Steve Jobs measures success as per the mega isales he generated. I see no reason to go against any view he expressed.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs was smart enough to change his mind when he thought it worthwhile. I doubt he expected anyone at Apple to cling to something he said if they thought better of it.

fgerghet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
happy.gif

Look—Digitimes can keep making up stuff about the iPad mini all day long. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen. First it was spring last year, then the end of 2011, then in the spring, and now it's back to autumn 2012. It just isn't going to happen. Get over it Digitimes. The 9.7" iPad is a runaway success.

Most reactions

Latest posts