What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards Features Family Guy, Futurama, and American Dad!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Animation Throwdown iPad.JPG

If you’re a fan of Fox TV’s animated comedies such as Family Guy, American Dad!, Bob’s Burgers, Futurama, and King of the Hill, then Kongregate has just the game for you waiting for you to download for free from the App Store.

Animation Throwdown, which is one of Apple’s highlighted “New Games We Love” this week, lets you play as your favourite character from one of those five series as you attempt to create the ultimate show-themed deck, and then compete with your deck against friends and other players.

“We are thrilled to bring together these five animated comedies for the first time in Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards.” said Emily Greer, president and co-founder of Kongregate. “We are looking forward to integrating characters from these hit series in a unique and exciting way that fans of all the shows will really love.”

The game is co-developed by Kongregate, along with Chicago’s Synapse Games (Tyrant Unleashed, Global Assault, Spellstone) and San Francisco’s Chinzilla Games (Little Alchemist). Both Chinzilla and Synapse are veteran card-battle game developers, and Animation Throwdown combines the most popular gameplay elements of their previous titles.

“In Animation Throwdown, Peter Griffin will duke it out with Bob Belcher, or Leela, or even Hank Hill. Fans get to select their all-star lineup in this inventive, genre-bending game,” said Rick Phillips, Executive Vice–President, Fox Digital Entertainment.

They’ve clearly done a great job, as it has a 4½-star rating on the App Store, although there are some negative comments about the in-app payment aspects of the game, as usual for these types of free-to-play games.

Click here to download for free: Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards on the App Store

Source: Kongregate

Attachments

• Animation Throwdown iPad.JPG
    Animation Throwdown iPad.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 402

oldbrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a Fox Film fan so i think i would be addicted to this game. Haha
Look at the chart showing daily ratings of the game after being released........It soars amazingly. I wish this game could continue to be updated (not like what Pokemon Go did)
animation.jpg

source: EDITED

I've tried it on my ipad and android phone. It's really worth playing. I intended to play this game on my PC because my eyes are not good enough to stick to my phone, any one tried it?

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/forum-rules-everybody-please-read.2119/ No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a Fox Film fan so i think i would be addicted to this game. Haha
Look at the chart showing daily ratings of the game after being released........It soars amazingly. I wish this game could continue to be updated (not like what Pokemon Go did)
animation.jpg

source: EDITED

I've tried it on my ipad and android phone. It's really worth playing. I intended to play this game on my PC because my eyes are not good enough to stick to my phone, any one tried it?
I've edited the link from your post as it provides the means to download games from sources other than the proper locations. This equates to piracy and we at iPhone Forums do not allow discussion or mention of any methods of obtaining such content from any sources other than the official sites or app stores.

Most reactions

Latest posts