What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analyst Predicts Impressive Holiday Results for Apple

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, the touch is a great product, but it is true that more people are getting the iPhone. If people were given a choice between the iPod touch and the iPad mini, more people would vote for the mini because of the bigger screen and similar price. Essentially, the mini is a big iPod touch and does pretty much everything the 5th generation touch does (Siri, FaceTime, messages, handling gaming).

I still like the touch, though I know sales have continued to decline as more people have gotten smart phones.

I received a mini iPad at Christmas but returned it. I might get one later, if Apple doesn't continue keep it a generation or two behind, technology wise.

Right now, I prefer the touch. I just ordered a touch 5 64GB. I use my current touch (4th gen 64GB) as a sort of disposable device -- I don't put contacts, email or such on it, so if it gets ripped off on the subway or something, I'm not going to worry about it. I also like that it's small enough to hold and manipulate in one hand if I'm standing on the subway. And I feel relaxed about using it without worrying about draining my phone battery.

When my touch 5 arrives, my touch 4 will go to my husband, so it can replace the iPhone 3G that's permanently docked in the kitchen so he can stream while he cooks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still like the touch, though I know sales have continued to decline as more people have gotten smart phones.

I received a mini iPad at Christmas but returned it. I might get one later, if Apple doesn't continue keep it a generation or two behind, technology wise.

Right now, I prefer the touch. I just ordered a touch 5 64GB. I use my current touch (4th gen 64GB) as a sort of disposable device -- I don't put contacts, email or such on it, so if it gets ripped off on the subway or something, I'm not going to worry about it. I also like that it's small enough to hold and manipulate in one hand if I'm standing on the subway. And I feel relaxed about using it without worrying about draining my phone battery.

When my touch 5 arrives, my touch 4 will go to my husband, so it can replace the iPhone 3G that's permanently docked in the kitchen so he can stream while he cooks.

Well, sort of returned it, since I sold it to a co-worker.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Which do you think sells better, the touch or classic?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which do you think sells better, the touch or classic?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

I'd guess touch, because it lets you do more, like play games and use other apps, which makes it appeal to a wider demographic.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree, the touch is a great product, but it is true that more people are getting the iPhone. If people were given a choice between the iPod touch and the iPad mini, more people would vote for the mini because of the bigger screen and similar price. Essentially, the mini is a big iPod touch and does pretty much everything the 5th generation touch does (Siri, FaceTime, messages, handling gaming).

:)

The mini is a small iPad.

I got the 64 GB iPhone partly because it can be a touch (iPod). And in October I will get a new 64GB phone and my 4S will live in my car as my music player, always on power.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:)

The mini is a small iPad.

I got the 64 GB iPhone partly because it can be a touch (iPod). And in October I will get a new 64GB phone and my 4S will live in my car as my music player, always on power.

I was glad when they finally started selling 64GB iPhones. That's mostly why I got a 4S. My husband inherited my 4, which he now uses as a phone. I need at least 64GB for a media player. My husband leaves an old iPod in his car, with 80GBs. I usually listen to audiobooks, so that wouldn't work for me because I often like to keep listening when I get out of the car.

Most reactions

Latest posts