What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Gmail accounts combining?

Brooklyn353

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband and I have set up two different gmail accounts on the ipad. Unlike the iphone, which we also have, the ipad seems to be combining all accounts into one inbox. Somehow it sees my account as the primary account, calling me "Gmail" instead of showing my address and all of my in mail goes into my husband's box as well. This doesn't happen on the iphone and we're not sure what's different here. Any insight? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are probably looking at the Universal Inbox.

Tap the Mailboxes button at the top of the email list. You will see two lists. One for just inboxes and another for accounts. At the very top of the Inbox list you'll see the All Inboxes choice. All new emails from all accounts will show up here.

To see just your emails choose the inbox for your account, or choose your account from below. The first choice just shows you new emails. The second will take you to a list of all the folders you sync with that account, and let you choose which to view.

When creating a new email the address associated with the account you are viewing will be used. You can change this by taping on the email in the from field and choosing another account's email address.

When you are in the Universal Inbox it uses the email address set up as default under Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

The Universal inbox was added with the last update.

Most reactions

Latest posts