What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alerts

rosie287

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have upgraded to an ipad mini from ipad 1. I had a problem with the ipad 1 which meant that the sounds for the received email alerts did not work. I have an iPhone and it all works there. Having installed all my apps etc on my new one the alerts do not work on it either. I have checked in settings and all appears to be correct and the volume works on my music, videos etc. can anyone help?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have your emails set to push or fetch? I the only time the emails pop in is when you open the app, then you won't hear the assigned sound, because the app is already open. If they do indeed push or fetch, then the issue is something else.

OP
R

rosie287

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Do you have your emails set to push or fetch? I the only time the emails pop in is when you open the app, then you won't hear the assigned sound, because the app is already open. If they do indeed push or fetch, then the issue is something else.

It's push fetches not available. As I keep saying my iPhone works with the same settings

Most reactions

Latest posts