What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album in Photos App constantly says 'Downloading'

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Album in Photos App constantly says 'Downloading' ~ Sorted

Guys,
I have just picked up an iPad Air to replace my iPad 4.
I had iCloud used as the recover to set up the Air and everything went well except for two issues (the other issue requires further investigation on my part before looking elsewhere for assistance).
Anyway, once everything had been placed on the new iPad Air I went through each section and all was well.... That was until I got to the Photos App.
Initially all seemed fine, all the Albums had been sorted and content correctly placed.
However, there is one Album named 'Scanned' which remains empty and at the foot it constantly says 'Downloading'.
No matter how long I leave this folder open or whatever it never adds any content nor changes from the wording 'Downloading'.

Any ideas how to stop this happening?

Last edited:
OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any ideas guys?
After 6 days it is still saying 'Downloading'.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could delete the folder but I can not figure out how to do so,

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried closing the app? Or even a reset of your iPad to see if this makes a difference?

I've moved your thread to our Help Section where more members will view your thread and hopefully someone else knows how to fix this issue.

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried closing the app? Or even a reset of your iPad to see if this makes a difference?

I've moved your thread to our Help Section where more members will view your thread and hopefully someone else knows how to fix this issue.

Many thanks in moving my topic to the Help section. Apologies I should have asked the question in that section.

Re your kind reply; affirmative to both. My first option was to close the App and when that did not work I then applied the reset.
Unfortunately nothing corrected the issue.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks in moving my topic to the Help section. Apologies I should have asked the question in that section. Re your kind reply; affirmative to both. My first option was to close the App and when that did not work I then applied the reset. Unfortunately nothing corrected the issue.

Glad to be of help and no apologies needed. ;)

Good luck!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks in moving my topic to the Help section. Apologies I should have asked the question in that section. Re your kind reply; affirmative to both. My first option was to close the App and when that did not work I then applied the reset. Unfortunately nothing corrected the issue.
Syncing your iPad with iTunes (computer) could help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Album view in the Photos app, do you get an "X" on the upper left of the folder after pressing the Edit button (at the top right of the Photo app/view? If you get the "X" - then maybe you can press it and delete the folder?

Other than that, I've got nothing. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In Album view in the Photos app, do you get an "X" on the upper left of the folder after pressing the Edit button (at the top right of the Photo app/view? If you get the "X" - then maybe you can press it and delete the folder?

Other than that, I've got nothing. Sorry.

Marilyn
That sorted it.
Thanks Marilyn.:thumbs:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts