What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

airport x-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll let you know when I fly out next week when trying to get through security. Oh the joys of traveling. NOT!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just was at the Paris Orly Airport and let my iPad go through the x-Rays as I did many times before.
Because it was boring wating in the cue, I was reading on the iPad and I do not know if I swiched the screen of or not.

but when I took the iPad from the band and wanted to read again it had a unreadable, multicolourd stripe of about 4 cm in the middle of the screen. This stripe turned to be black after some days. Touch still works, but not the screen...

Could be a funny coincidence, but I suspect the x-rays to have destroyed my iPad.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Each TSA worker has different expectations so I just always make sure my toys (kindle and iPad) are out of my bag and in seperate containers every single time. None of them are going to complain about me taking them out and I find it saves time in the long run not having to deal with a TSA worker that interprets the rules differently than his/her fellow workers.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"....Electronic items smaller than the standard sized laptop should not need to be removed from your bag or their cases. It’s that simple.

Lets qualify that statement.
The regulations that you refer to are for the USA. Last time I looked Heathrow was in the UK. Different countries have different rules and interpretations of their rules.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came into Orlando international airpot last week from the UK and put my iPad into a separate tray out of it's carry case, but still wearing it's smart cover and it was fine, no problems at all :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts