What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air vs Air 2.. which one to get

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be getting a new iPad this Friday. I still have the iPad 1. I can get the Air with 32 gig from Walmart for 399.00 or the Air 2 with 16 gig for 424.00. I will mostly be doing photo editing and maybe reading a book or two. Which one seems more logical?

I'm leaning towards the 2 just because it's the current generation out and will stay releveant longer, but then I think 16 vs 32 for memory??? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

OP
psmoore

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little more info. I Will be also using Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu for tv stuff. Photo editing.. I will be editing my photos and then moving them either to cloud storage, flickr, or a portable hard drive. I'm limited to those two. No more money the wife says! LOL

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do not get a 16 GB device. Unless you're and extremely light user of the iPad you'll regret it. Even with a lot of stuff moving to iCloud, 16 GB is just too little space.

That said, I'd really work on getting the iPad Air 2, somehow, even if it means waiting a month or two longer. There are already a few features coming in iOS 9 that will only work with the newest hardware.

Though if you wait too much longer there will be another set of choices to be made. The new iPad models usually come out in time for the holiday season.

OP
psmoore

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions and insight. I think I've narrowed it down and just gonna get the Air 32gig. It's a major upgrade for me as it is and will work for what I plan to do with it. Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Enjoy your new iPad. I've got the Air and am happy with it; though I expect I'll find it impossible to resist the new iPad models this fall. I really want that new split screen feature.

Most reactions

Latest posts